Thursday, June 01, 2006

Are we Connected?

Have you ever had a feeling like you were close to someone for a moment, even though you are geographically far away? There are various people in my life, whom I have really connected with... Now that they are away, I occassionally have a sudden urge to call them or find out what is up. I feel close to them - almost like I know they are thinking of me too - or they are in trouble - or are in emotional difficulty.

Once I sat up in bed and told my husband to call my sister and tell her to get up. As it happens, if she didn't get up at that moment she would have been late for her flight.

My grandfather-in-law tells of a time when he was half way accross the world from his daughter. She went in to labour and was having trouble. She called out for her daddy - and he woke up and said his baby needed him...

I'm not sure what to make of stuff like that - is it just a coincidence? Or are we connected to others in a non-physical way. Why do we feel close to some people and not others? What makes us connected if we are?

People I have lost touch with, or haven't though of in a very long time, suddenly come to mind vividly - are these connections or just memories?

Or am I crazy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home