Tuesday, May 24, 2005

My Sisters' Fatness is Grossly Over-Stated!

Well, we visited my family this weekend - all of us but T! It was a very quick trip, but worth while. My sister is expecting and I've been excited to see her in all her radiant fatness! (Note: this is a potato-chip eatting, 0 activity, size 2 person).

Weeeelllll - she has accomplished to be both pregnant and thin looking at the same time. She has one of those perfect basketball bellies - very cute looking... Life just isn't fair!

Anyway - I was very glad to visit with her, feel the baby move, and talk about plans for the future. I am sooooo glad she will be moving here. Along with my boys, I am very excited about the baby. I have recently discovered my feminine side and I am really, really looking forward to having babies around. (Note #2: For those who don't know, babies repelled me up until about 2 years ago)

The trip was, well, fast. It seems to have disappeared in an instant. Can I just brag - my boys are great travellers. They sat for the 12 hours there and the 12 hours back without much complaint or issues!

Thanks for listening - or reading!

3 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Hey :)
Glad to hear the update - I'm sure your sister is super cute! There's something about being an auntie that doesn't get old for me - when I saw my pregnant sister earlier this month I felt so excited to meet her baby this fall. I'm glad to hear you've come around on babies too - ha! Cool that she's moving there - hope you have a great time with auntie-ing.
And if you need to see a non-basketball-ish belly, you can always make a trip to Vancouver - that would be great!! LOL Do you have a DVD player for the boys, or do you bring stuff for them to do? I'm impressed.

Can I just say I'm so happy you're blogging? It is great to catch up on your life my friend.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Erica said...

We have brought a DVD in the past, but have found that when we have it, all they do is ask to watch movies. When it isn't there, they just find other things to do...

Would love to make a trip to Vancouver. We'll actually come close this summer. We are planning on attending the WCC multi-year reunion in Calgary on the Canada Day weekend, but have to make it a rush trip. Then we are planning to join my parents in Fairmont the first week in August...

The baby thing - ya, I'm becoming a big suck!

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger mimlap said...

I hate women with basketball baby tummies, me, people ask if I am having twins.... AHHHHH. Why is it that even in pregnacy when we are suppose to be allowed to be fat and glowing we still feel judged and measured. Women of the world... lets give each other a break! Therefore I must retract my statment and say that basketball baby tummies are beautiful too.

love to all,

MIM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home