Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Comments

Ohh the excitement of comments...

Scrolling down my lengthy diatribe, until I see "2 comments".

SOMEBODY LIKES ME!!!

I imagine this is how people with AOL feel when they get the "you've got mail" pop up.

Funny, I don't feel that way about email - perhaps because most is work related and results in additional tasks to be done. Also, not the same for snail mail - usually means more money to pay out.

Only blog comments have this power - sweet, wonderful blog comments - oh how they excite me! Oh how they please me! I think I'm addicted!

So, I think I've figured out that short choppy statements result in more comments - this is a test to see if it works.

My self-esteem is rising as I type! (Isn't that sad?)

I am practically giddy with anticipation.

Does anyone understand why anyone would blog and then choose "No" to "Allow New Comments on This Post?"

2 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, Blogger Eric said...

You lose the whole sense of community if you click "no" to allowing comments. Comments also allow you to see what others think you are saying, so no I don't understand why someone would say no to comments unless it is not a "real blog".

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Erica said...

Yaaa - comments - I am so fulfilled!

I was fully expecting someone to insert a comment with

"NO COMMENT"

Thanks! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home