Thursday, May 05, 2005

Moving On

Today my brother told me that he is moving on... Moving out of our basement and into a friend's appartment. I have mixed feelings. I am excited for him and this step he is taking. He will be more responsible and independent in doing this and I think it will be good for him. (I have always thought it is good to have the chance to live on your own (or with a roommate) before you get married.) On the other hand, I have really enjoyed having him around. When I left for private school he was still quite young - so I never really got a chance to know him as he was growing up, as a teen, etc. I have really appreciated the chance to talk to him and get to know him as an adult. I will miss the opportunity to just walk down the stairs and say "hey, what's up".

On a positive note, this creates a real opportunity. My parents are moving here, as my Dad has accepted a job in the city, and there will be transition time as they figure out where they want to be. This provides some living space while they figure that out. So, it would seem that the planets have aligned themselves and that feels good to. It sort of confirms for me their coming. I have been concerned that my pusing is the only reason they are coming and that I have, perhaps, acted against other, better, plans that God might have for them. Ofcourse - I'm sure that if God had other plans, a little thing like my pushing wouldn't get in the way. But I have felt bad all the same. Sometimes it feels better when you don't get your way. When I get my way, there always seems to be a wave of guilt that follows. Anyway, as more pieces fall into place, it feels like this is where they should be - and I am glad for that!

1 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Blogger TU said...

Good to know I'm doing my part in carrying out God's plan... Yet again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home