Friday, May 13, 2005

Nora Jones Day

Today is a Nora Jones day - the kind of day where you sit in a big comfy chair with an afghan and listen to sappy music.

Maybe it is just the weather...

Maybe I am feeling stressed from working a full time job, being a mom, volunteering, helping out a friend in need, etc... (hear violins in the background)

I'm not sure of the cause, but I really feel down today - sort of angry, sort of sad, sort of unappreciated, sort of like going home and curling up in my bed for awhile.

Maybe it is PMS.

There is an ongoing gripe that always comes to mind on a day like today - I wish I had the choice to stay home. Several women have told me that I wouldn't like it and that I am the "type of person" who needs to be at work.

I really wish I had the opportunity to make that determination for myself. All I know is it breaks my heart to hug and kiss my little boys goodbye in the morning.

I really, really want to be at home for awhile.

Two years ago I decided that I would like to try this - changing roles. We aren't any closer to doing it and with L in Kindergarten next year, the reasons for changing are less and less.

It doesn't look like we will have any more children, so it is sad to say good-bye to that part of my life that I never explored.

I guess I "choose my path", and now it is too late to go back and take a different one.

That makes me sad too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home