Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I love music!

I have always enjoyed music... And most of the time, there is a song or two (or more) in my head...

I have been known to just break out into the middle of a song. Unbeknownst to those around me, I had been singing the entire song from the beginning in my head... it is just that sometimes it slips out of my head.

I was asked recently if I ever considered a career in music. Well, truthfully, yes - but not very seriously. It just seems like one of those careers that takes so much more then just a good voice... and I don't think I have the other attributes necessary.

However, I must say that I am so glad to be a part of a church where I can use my love for music and singing to the best that I can. Recently, I have had an even greater love in and interest for new material, new songs. I think that could be related to the fact that I have been using my music more.

In highschool I was a part of several musical groups, resulting in my practising almost every day... and I loved it.

Once in awhile I wonder if I missed my calling. I don't think so, but I still wonder.

And I say, "Thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing. Thanks for all the joy they're bringing. Who can live without it, I ask in all honesty, what would life be without a song for the dance what are we? So I say, "Thank you for the music, for giving it to me." (ABBA)

2 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Blogger Kara said...

o great...now I have that song stuck in my brain!

Thanks for emailing this address Erica.
so I say thank you for the blogspot, the address I'm looking for...what would I do, search in vain, yadda yadda yadda......
much love. Kj

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Erica said...

No problem - always glad to stick a tune in someone's head!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home